Here is a map showing Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali and the volcano and the estimated immediate affected area.
Mount Agung on the Indonesian tourist island of Bali is threatening to erupt after more than half a century of quiet. Here’s what we need to know:
- Mount Agung is 71 kilometers from the tourist hot spot of Kuta and 75 kilometers from Grand Istana Rama Hotel Kuta Bali
- A radius of 9 kilometers and 12 kilometers around the mountain was considered dangerous but the resort island was otherwise safe.
- Bali Airport, I Gusti Ngurah Rai International, is operating as normal. And even if the volcano erupted with lava it would not affect aviation unless there was also volcanic ash.
- Nine alternative airports outside of Bali had been prepared for diverted flights if volcanic ash was detected.
- The bigger concern are the displaced villagers who are in limbo and need immediate help.
- “Bali tourism is safe. Do not spread misleading news that Bali is not safe because Mount Agung is on the highest alert status. Please come and visit Bali.
Telp : (62-361) 752208 Fax : (62-361) 754852